Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 3in30

I want to start back up with the 3in30 goals so I have made a list for November.

Let's see how I will do!

1. Limit my time spent on my phone.
       This is a BIG one for me! I have an Android phone. I currently don't have an internet connection at home BUT I can get a wireless signal to my computer from my phone. Well with a tiny baby & two rambunctious boys, it's not always easy to get on my computer. Unfortunately it is very easy to sit on my phone. I do everything on my phone. Web, email, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube...EVERYTHING...except talk haha.  I spend a huge part of my day just sitting on my phone. It started where I would watch videos or read books on the Kindle App while I was nursing and now I just do everything on it and I hardly every put it down. Even right now it is sitting right next to me.
        So it's time to nip this bad habit in the butt.  I want to limit my time spent on it.  I won't shut it off because it's the only phone I have at home and Randy will need to get a hold of me BUT I need to restrict texting, twittering, FBing, YouTubeing and all other unnecessary distractions to only when my kids are sleeping. While they are awake I need to devote my time and attention exclusively to them and their lives and our home.

2. Make a new routine/schedule & STICK TO IT!!!
     I can not tell you how many routines I have created that have just fallen through and for my Hayden, he NEEDS a routine. He can not function & perform well in school without a routine. We definitely could never be unschoolers, he really needs a routine. Since I haven't been able to keep a routine going well schoolwork has been a nightmare and he fights me constantly because he doesn't think it's school time. SO I really need to make one and stick to it!

3.  Read my Bible DAILY!!!
       I have been doing decent with this. I started with the Good Morning Girls study which I have no problem reading the verses, but the S.O.A.P.'n I haven't stuck with. It's very easy for me to read my Bible (on my phone) while I'm nursing the baby and I have been spending time in my bible every day BUT I'm not devoting my time to actually taking in all that I'm reading.  I need to set aside time for just me and my Bible. To take notes and really put my whole head & heart into God's word.

So that are my goals for this month.  I hope to check in once a week to let you know how it goes...hopefully not from my phone (because yes there is a Blogger app LOL).

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie



No comments:

Post a Comment