Monday, June 27, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 6/26-7/2

menugraphic

Really trying to stick to a budget.  I started a new budgeting/finance system the beginning of the month and I’ve tracked every single expense since June 1st and I’m not proud to say we spent WAY to much eating out…in fact we spent more eating out then we did in groceries…I could’ve added all that money to my grocery budget and had groceries for 2 months!!!  Ridiculous…I’m so ashamed.

SO I sat down and made a two week menu with grocery list, I shop every 2 weeks after payday and I budget $150 for the two weeks. Usually I don’t spend $150 but I give myself that much to spend anyway.  I’m not a big couponer because I find (at least in my area) that buying generic brand stuff is cheaper even with using coupons on most items.  Saturday is supposed to be my shopping day but Randy worked until 9:30 at night and I’m finding it more difficult with 8 weeks to go to walk around the store without having to sit down a few times and that makes it kind of hard with the kids so I’d rather him come with me to help.  But since we didn’t get to go Saturday I’m going this afternoon. 

I’m taking advantage of some freezer cooking and make a lot from scratch, especially our snacks and breads.

Here is my menu for the week!

Sunday:
Breakfast- honey buns & milk
Lunch-McDonalds (ugh I know it was Daddy’s idea)
Dinner-Pizza (We were out fishing until dark and enjoying the day)

Monday:
Breakfast-Cereal
Lunch-Leftover Pizza (Not going shopping until after lunch)
Dinner-Spaghetti with meat sauce & steamed broccoli

Tuesday:
Breakfast-Oatmeal & Banana
Lunch- Sandwiches
Dinner- Chicken Enchiladas, rice & beans

Wednesday:
Breakfast- Eggs, sausage, & toast
Lunch-Sandwiches
Dinner-Grilled Pork Chops, Rice & veggies

Thursday:
Breakfast-Pancakes & eggs
Lunch- Sandwiches
Dinner-Grilled Chicken Ranch Salads

Friday:
Breakfast-cereal & banana
Lunch-Sandwiches
Dinner-Homemade Pizza

Saturday:
Breakfast-waffles & fruit
Lunch- sandwiches
Dinner- Honey dijon chicken sandwiches, potato wedges, and coleslaw (trying out something new)

SNACKS:
Oatmeal cookies
Fresh Fruit Cups
Pretzels
Celery or Apples with PB

The plan is to make up some meals to have for the freezer so that I can just thaw it and cook it.  Also instead of buying packaged cookies I’m going to make them myself and instead of canned fruit (which my kids love) I’m going to make fruit cups with fresh fruit. 

Thanks for Stopping By!!!

I’m Linking up with:  MPM_Button

 

Jaymie

No comments:

Post a Comment