Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our 2011-2012 Curriculum “Plan”

image

This is our first year really homeschooling.  I did Pre-K at home with Hayden since I’ve been at home with him again and now it’s on to Kindergarten.  I’ve done a lot of researching and reading and planning and I think I’ve found a curriculum plan that will work for us this year…hopefully it’s not too overwhelming.

We didn’t go for the boxed curriculum type, instead I put things together based on what I’ve read of reviews and what I think will work for us.  It’s a mix of styles and types so bear with me.

So here is Hayden’s Kindergarten Curriculum Plan for 2011-2012

image

Bible: 
            Explorer’s Bible Study-Beginnings
            Daily Devotions
            Scripture Memory
            Easy Bible Story Books from the Library

Math: 
             MEP Primary Year 1 (oldfashioneducation.com)
             Skill Sharpeners Math K Workbook
             Hooked On Phonics Math K Workbook
             Lesson Pathways

Reading/Literature/Phonics:
              Explode The Code 1 & 1.5
              Skill Sharpeners Reading K Workbook
              Hooked On Phonics K Workbooks “Beginning Words” & “Rhyming Words”
              Lesson Pathways
              BOB Books
              Mother Goose Rhymes (oldfashioneducation.com)

Writing/Language Arts:
               Lesson Pathways
               World Mastery (oldfashioneducation.com)
               McGuffy’s Ecelectic Primer (oldfashioneducation.com)
               Skill Sharpeners Writing/Spelling K Workbook
               Hooked On Phonics Super Workbook

Science/Nature:
                Lesson Pathways
                Old Fashion Education
                Lapbooks

History (Family History/Local History/World History)
                 Old Fashion Education
                  Lesson Pathways

Social Studies (Neighborhoods, Maps, Foreign Countries, Immigration, Government):
                   Old Fashion Education
                    Lesson Pathways

Biography/Historical Novels:
                     Old Fashion Education

Other Resources:
                      Ambleside Online Book Lists Year 0
                      Simply Charlotte Mason Book Lists
                      Starfall.com
                      You Can Read program from 1+1+1=1

 

A lot of what we’re going to study is coming from Old Fashion Education, Simply Charlotte Mason, and Ambleside Online.  I know it seems like a lot BUT this is just a plan, this is what I have so I’m going to utilize it all and see what works and what doesn’t work for us.  I also have the Well Trained Mind I’m reading to get prepared for 1st grade.  Not too many Classical/Charlotte Mason paths really suggest a program for Kindergarten but I feel like my big boy is ready for more “school” he’s getting bored with coloring, cutting, pasting, etc (preschool stuff).

I also want to do some nature journaling for him and lapbooking…I think he’d really enjoy that.

image

As for Dev-Dev, he is about 29 months old now and I’m not going to force him into anything but we are going to do a lot of work with his speech and fine motor skills.  We will probably use a lot of the Tot School plans for him.


I'm linking up with

11 comments:

  1. Tot School will be great for your preschooler - how fun to have a K homeschooler! That's when I started w/ my son (he never did public school) and I can tell you IT IS SO MUCH FUN !! I loved it!

    Thanks for linking up today!!

    Good luck!
    Stef
    your newest follower! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!!! :-) I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! You are going to have a blast...just wait and see how interested your younger one likely will be...I have found they pick up SO much via the homeschooling of the older children! I think the younger children are uniquely blessed in this way to have so many older teachers!

    I've now homeschooled the middle 3 from pre-school/kindergarten, and the oldest one from 4th grade, and he's entering 9th! Our 2 year old has learned so much, as well!

    God Bless your high calling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its our first year too! I will have a kindergartner and pre-ker. I'm working on my blog post now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Lesson Pathway! Best word of advice...Have an awesome and fun time this year!

    Oh! I'm visiting from Education Layton link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are going to have so much fun this year! Whatever you get into just remember you can wash them off at the end of the day. :-)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like an awesome plan!!

    ReplyDelete