Monday, October 3, 2011

Make Your Home a Haven Day 1


I have decided to take on Courtney's (Women Living Well) "Make Your Home a Haven" Fall Challenge again this year....hopefully with more success than last year.

Over on her blog she posted about two types of houses. A house where the woman is distant and a house where the woman is engaged. The question is whether we are like House #1 (distant) or House #2 (engaged).

Unfortunately on most days my home is like House #1. I am distant, pulled into everything else I have going on and don't ever take the time to just have fun and be with my family. The dishes and the laundry and everything else clutters up my mind and I can't seem to focus on anything else.

I really want to change that...reading her post made me sad when I acknowledged that I am that distant woman in House #1. It made me think about what kind of impression and memory my children will have of me. What I want for them and what they've been handed up until now, seem to be two different things.

How do I get to where I want to be? How do I become the engaged woman in House #2?

I'm going to strive to be more engaged in my children's lives and stop worrying about my messy lived in home.

I've lit my candle...a yummy smelling Febreeze candle called Leaves & Spice. I love Fall scents, don't you?

I've also said a prayer for my home and a prayer for myself, so that I can try to be more engaged as I go about my day. I'll be checking back in!


Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

No comments:

Post a Comment