Sunday, October 9, 2011

Praying for Peace


image
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27 KJV)

I am praying for peace.

Peace within myself, peace within my love, peace within my children, and a peaceful environment in my home.

The Make Your Home a Haven challenge really is just what I need right now.

As a mother of a 4 yr old and 2 yr old and a 7 week old sometimes (all the time) my home is anything but peaceful.

My tone can be harsh, my stares can be sharp and I feel so emotional.  I let those emotions control me.  I let them over run my spirit causing me to lose my temper and then what happens? After I’ve lashed out or yelled or glared? 

I feel horrible.

The guilt emotion over runs me and I want to cry. To see those little faces and to know that I’ve caused their sadness, even though they’ve been told over and over not to jump on the furniture or not to bend your brother’s arm back that way, I still feel so bad.

I am praying for peace.

I’m taking Courtney’s challenge and I am going to strive to have a peaceful home. I am armed with candle, soft music, bible and lots of praying. 

Lord knows I do NOT want to have another week of sadness, anger and guilt.


Thank you for stopping by!

Jaymie

31-Day-Fall-Challenge-Making-Your-HOme-a-Haven-300x300

No comments:

Post a Comment