Friday, April 8, 2011

Farmer's Pie


Oh my goodness!

We are not usually a casserole family, I mean we like green bean casserole but other ones I've tried to make have just not been a hit in our home. That really bums me out because casseroles are such a great way to use up leftovers, save money, and make great freezer meals!

But finally I think I've found a keeper!!!  I was on GOODEness Gracious and she had this recipe she was trying out for Janet's Farmer's Pie from a Gooseberry Patch Cookbook coming out...I saw it and thought it would be perfect to use up leftovers in the fridge.

I made this big ol ham the other night and mashed potatoes and we've been trying to use it up in different ways but I still had all of these potatoes left.  SO I used the recipe from her site modified it using leftover ham and some chicken I had in the fridge and then I added some more French's Fried Onions on top of the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese and OMGSH...AMAZING!!! 

Its like a cheesy potato topped gooey green bean casserole with ham (you know green beans and ham are DELICIOUS).  I'm sure the original recipe is just as good but I used what I had and it definitely worked for us!

Hayden had 2 helpings and even ate his green beans which he is not a green bean fan!  He said it was sooo good and said I am the best maker ever! LOL

Try this recipe out in your family, you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaymie

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so tasty, Jaymie...glad you found a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I would love to try it, since we aren't big on casseroles, either.

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete