Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friendships & Pain

SGIG badge

I posted in my FB group Sister’s Growing In Grace today a passage I read this morning from Psalm 118.  I’ve been struggling with trusting people, finding true friends who don’t hurt me or look down upon me, and accepting myself for who I am and who GOD wants me to be rather than the image everyone else has that they think I should be.

Psalm 118:4-8 “Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever.  I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place.  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear; what can man do unto me? The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.  it is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.”

Let everyone remember this when they are struggling when someone has hurt us or deceived us.  Seek the Lord and he will never let you down because the Lord is on your side. Smile

God Bless Everyone!

Have a wonderful day!

Jaymie

2 comments:

  1. This is certainly a difficult chore, isn't it? The conviction we have as Christians, to become new in Him..to seek righteousness...couple that with all the different "pieces of perfection" attained (or apparently so) by other women..and we are best suited to simply being our own person seeking Christ!

    I wrote some similar sentiments here: http://andreamomm.blogspot.com/2011/04/never-measuring-up.html

    Love your blog..keep up the great work!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is tough...trying to make everyone else happy. Have to remember to please God and ourselves before the "world"

    Thank you for reading my blog! I LOVE yours!!!!

    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete